Find me on Google scholar.
- Journal articles
- Nguyen, Q., Rienties, B., Toetenel, L., Ferguson, F., & Whitelock, D. (2017). Examining the designs of computer-based assessment and its impact on student engagement, satisfaction, and pass rates. Computers in Human Behavior, PP.
- Nguyen, Q., Tempelaar, D. T., Rienties, B., Giesbers, B. 2016. What learning analytics based prediction models tell us about feedback preferences of students [Special Issue]. Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 17(3), 13-33.
- Tempelaar, D. T., Rienties, B., & Nguyen, Q. (2017). Towards Actionable Learning Analytics Using Dispositions. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, 10(1), 6-16.
- Tempelaar, D., Rienties, B., & Nguyen, Q. (2017). Adding dispositions to create pedagogy-based Learning Analytics. Zeitschrift für Hochschulentwicklung, 12(1), 15-35.
- Rienties, B., Lewis, T., McFarlane, R., Nguyen, Q., & Toetenel, L. (in press). Analytics in online and offline language learning environments: the role of learning design to understand student online engagement. Journal of Computer-Assisted Language Learning.
- Tempelaar, D., Rienties, B., Mittelmeier, J., Nguyen, Q. (in press). Student profiling in a dispositional learning analytics application using formative assessment. Computers in Human Behavior, PP.
- Rienties, B., Nguyen, Q., Holmes, W., Reedy, K. (accepted). A review of ten years of implementation and research in aligning learning design with learning analytics at the Open University UK. Interaction Design and Architecture(s)
- Conference proceedings
- Nguyen, Q., Rienties, B., Toetenel, L., (Accepted). Unravelling the dynamics of instructional practice: A longitudinal study on learning design and VLE activties. The 7th International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge (LAK17), Vancouver, BC, Canada. ACM. NY, USA.
- Nguyen, Q., Rienties, B., & Toetenel, L. (2017). Mixing and matching learning design and learning analytics (best paper award). In P. Zaphiris & A. Ioannou (Eds.), Learning and Collaboration Technologies: Forth International Conference, LCT 2017, Part II, Held as Part of HCI International 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 9-14, 2017, Proceedings (Vol. 10296, pp. 1-15). Cham: Springer International Publishing.
- Mittelmeier, J., Tempelaar, D.T., Rienties, B., Nguyen, Q. Learning analytics to understand cultural impacts on technology enhanced learning. In D. G. Sampson, J. Michael Spector, D. Ifenthaler, and P.Isaias (Eds.), 13th International Conference on Cognition and Exploratory Learning in Digital Age (CELDA 2016). Mannheim, Germany.
- Work in progress
Informing learning design using learning analytics of studying patterns in virtual learning environment
- The effects of overload in designing for learning on student retention – A longitudinal study of 55 modules over 3 years.
- Rienties, B., Rogaten, J., Nguyen, Q., Edwards, C., Gaved, M., Holt, D., Herodotou, C., Clow, D., Cross, S., Coughlan, T., Jones, J., Ullmann, T. (2016). Scholarly Insight Spring 2017: A Data Wrangler Perspective. Open University: Milton Keynes.